Whole Body Vibration provides relief from a variety of physical ailments. Some benefits are similar to what you'd expect from increased physical activity, like increases in muscle, strength and hormonal production - all without the usual required effort and risk of injury. Other benefits are unique to WBV, like increased blood flow circulation, increased flexibility, release of lactic acid build-up in muscles. One effect of WBV that has received a lot of scientific attention and the majority of customer reports is the analgesic effect of WBV. Reports of decades old pains from poor circulation, cramping and arthritis have been relieved by WBV. The clinical summaries and testimonials on this page are related to the treatment of ailments. For information on other positive effects of Whole Body Vibration, visit our ATHLETE, ACTIVE and AGING pages. Also visit – HOW WBV WORKS, WHO IS USING WBV? and our general product information page. To purchase, visit our STORE.
Soloflex WBV Customer Testimonials Related to the Treatment of Ailments
- “Hi, I just wanted to give you some feedback on the WBV platform. I have been using it for three weeks, on a hunch that it might help a problem I have with chronic plantar fascitis.
After trying every recommended remedy, including anti-inflammatories, cortisone shots, concentrated stretching of my calf muscles and doing yoga (which actually made it worse), I went to a physical therapist/acupuncturist, Scott Michaels who used a tuning fork on my foot. Post treatment my foot felt incredibly better, but within days I was back in pain again. I don’t have time to drive out to Gresham for Scott’s tuning fork treatment, so I started thinking about what would replicate it. I had acquired the Soloflex WBV board from my friend Irene after her husband passed away (he used it for osteo) and I started using it daily for 30+ minutes (I didn’t realize there was an upper limit on the time usage) and three weeks out my foot is as close to healed as I could have ever dreamed of. I had this condition for nearly two years. In fact, it literally was just days after I started to use the platform that I could finally walk on that foot without suffering from throbbing pain. I am stunned, and of course, a big fan!”
–Jo via email
- “I was diagnosed over 30 years ago with Type 1 Diabetes. I immediately started suffering from leg pain called peripheral Neuropathy. It manifests itself many ways but primarily, tingling, immense cramping and sharp leg pain. loss of feeling in the legs and feet and the feeling that they are asleep all the time.
I have lived with this condition all of these successive years until a close friend confided that the Soloflex Platform might help east the pain and make my feet and legs feel better. Boy was she right.
I sit on the couch an hour a day with my feet resting on the platform, My sweetie sits beside me to ease her Plantar Fasciitis. We have both noticed noticeable improvement after just a short time.
My toes feel alive , tingling feeling has abated, My feet already feel much better and we look forward to our “vibrating sessions” together. I thought I would just have to live with my leg pain but the Soloflex Platform has really helped me out. Thank you Soloflex.” –Jonathan via email
- “I am a 60 year old woman who loves your Soloflex WBV because I have difficulty exercising. I have multiple sclerosis, and I get around with a walker and a wheelchair.
When I saw your ad in the newspaper, and you called it an exercise device for people who cannot exercise, you got my immediate attention. When I went to your website and read the particulars, I knew I wanted to try it.
I ordered a Soloflex WBV in November, 2006, and I started using it the day it arrived. At first, I had to hold onto the handles of my walker to steady myself because of my lack of balance, but soon I was able to stand up straight, unaided, for intervals of a minute or so. I still have my walker in front of me, but don’t have to hang on anymore. I can stand straight and do torso twists and all kinds of arm raises and stretches for 10 minutes a day. I love this machine – it has made me find my center again. I can stand at the kitchen and bathroom sinks and perform normal tasks without leaning on the sinks for balance. Of course, I still use the walker and wheelchair for mobility, but I can stand with a centered core. THANK YOU SO MUCH.” –Joy
- “I am a 60 year old white female with several risk factors for osteoporosis. I get annual bone density test. Last year my bone density test results put me in the range for needing to start taking Fosamax or similar meds. I did not want to take the drugs and felt there must be some other way to improve. I had already been taking calcium and doing lots of weight bearing exercise. I read about the Soloflex WBV platform and its effects on bone density and decided to give it a try. It’s now been nine e or ten months, averaging ten minutes a day, sometimes more, sometimes not at all. Last week I got my bone density test results – and they are impressive – my numbers are better than they were 6 ½ years ago, and I am no longer a candidate for Fosamax. I believe the WBV platform is wholly responsible for this improvement, as my calcium intake was the same; my exercise regimen was even than in previous years. I intend to continue with the WBV for another year before I really believe it – and then – I’ll be promoting the WBV platform to every woman, doctor and health club in the area. Thanks so much Soloflex!
p.s. I also bought the platform for my 90 year old mother and she is on it almost every day for 10 minutes.” –Susan via email
- “I just wanted to give you a little report on the difference your vibration platform has made in my life. I am 63 years old and purchased the platform about 9 months ago. I have been using it steadily since then. I had broken my foot twice and was having balance problems and a general weakness since I had not been able to move as much as usual during my bone healing process. I started by doing mostly light stretches while standing on the platform. Later I started using weights and sat and lay on the platform, performing crunches and leg lifts and using arm weights and everything I could think of. I ended up with knee pushups against the platform. It didn’t take long after I started before I had no more balance problems. Now I have more core strength and arm and leg muscles than I can ever remember having. I had also been contending with shoulder joint pain, and even thought it hurt to do it I kept on with the stretches and weights until now I have very little problem with it. This is a marvelous machine and I have told many others about it. Three people also bought one at my recommendation. I think we need to recommend this platform to senior citizen centers and nursing home physical therapy centers. It’s a miracle in my life.” –Lise via email
- “I just had to let you know how thrilled I am with my Whole Body Vibration (WBV) platform. I have cerebral palsy and use braces and a wheelchair to get around. I’m also of the age where osteoporosis is a concern. Well, your machine has given me new life! I can now get on and off the platform on my own (couldn’t when I started using it a few months ago), and it has increased my strength, stability, and circulation to a degree I never imagined possible. Degenerative arthritis in my joints makes weight bearing exercise impossible and the pain in my hips and knees was extreme. What a difference now! The pain is almost non-existent and I’m able to stand on the platform for the full 10 minutes. Wow! I’m 60 years old and getting a second chance at life. THANK YOU.” –Andi via email
- “Just wanted to say what a geat product the WBV platform is. I was a bit skeptical at first reading about the benefits other people were posting but decided to give it a try. I’ve had various aches and pains for years and tried various exercises (under doctors’ advice)which left me exhausted, and more times than not, left me with more pain than I had before! I’ve had the WBV board for a couple of months now and I don’t know how I’ve lived without it for all these years!
I used to suffer from vertigo, plantar faciitis, and back/hip pain on a regular basis….not anymore! I use it everynight for 20 minutes & am working up to 30 minutes at the higher settings. I can tell you that I now get such a sound sleep I can sleep through earthquakes! Thanks Soloflex!” –E. Montoya via email
Clinical Study Summaries Related to the Treatment of Ailments
- CONCLUSION: “This study indicates that the Whole Body Vibration treatment reduces neuropathic pain, and improves gait and balance in a patient with type II diabetic peripheral neuropathy”
Department of Exercise Science, Willamette University
- CONCLUSION: A 12-wk WBV intervention in a primary care context is feasible, safe and effective in improving glycemic profile, lipid-related cardiovascular risk factors and functional capacity among T2DM (Type 2 Diabetes) patients.
University of Auckland
- CONCLUSION: Rubin et al. (2004) and Verschueren et al. (2004) have reported BMD (bone-mineral density) improvement in postmenopausal women who stood on both a low-magnitude (Rubin et al., 2004) or high-magnitude (Verschueren et al., 2004) vibration platform. Our results seem to support these previous studies in an individual with SCI (spinal cord injury)… all three phases positively impacted regional lean tissue mass (i.e., legs) and body fat, which is supported by the WBV literature (Bogaerts et al., 2007; Roelants et al., 2004). Our findings also seem to support the published literature with increases in lean body mass and decreases in body fat across all phases.
Joint study on bone mineral density by Texas Women’s Univ., Univ. of Wisconsin and Boise State Univ.
- CONCLUSION: Whole body vibration therapy increases bone strength. By maintaining or improving muscle and bone health during growth, WBVT can maximize mobility and bone strength into adult life, improving both mobility and quality of life.
University of Auckland-Liggins Institute in New Zealand – study of WBV on bone density on adolescents with Cerebral Palsy
- CONCLUSION: Results suggest that a 6-week traditional exercise program with supplementary WBV safely reduces pain and fatigue, whereas exercise alone fails to induce improvements.
Published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine – Study of people with fibromyalgia
- CONCLUSION: Since the addition of WBV to squat exercise training decreases the proliferative response of TCD4+ cells in elderly subjects with OA (Osteoarthritis) of the knee, it is believed that this modality of training might modulate T-cell-mediated immunity in this population, minimizing or slowing the disease progression in elderly patients
Published in the Brazil Journal of Medical and Biological Research
- CONCLUSION: Our results showed that an acute bout of WBVT was effective in improving the ability of individuals with knee OA (osteoarthritis) to perform a step test designed to simulate the task of going up and down stairs…. pain levels following the step test decreased on average 28% five minutes after WBVT
University of Florida
- CONCLUSION: The WBV-exercise is a time-saving and safe method for rehabilitation of women with knee-OA(osteoarthritis).
Published by PubMed.org